Saturday, May 7, 2011

cute frog cake

Frog Birthday Cake

This frog cake was made with a single cake mix. I used a 9in circle cake pan, and an 8in square and 2 cupcakes without liners.

I cut 2 L shapes out of the square for legs and curved the tops and feet of them.

I left the circle cake rounded without leveling it and used toothpicks to attach the cupcake eyes and L shaped legs.


Frosting for the frog cake was homemade buttercream. I frosted the eyes white smooth and added smooth blue. Then with a lighter shade of green, randomly added spots with a star tip. Then I filled in the rest with a darker green all the way down the sides, added a black line for a mouth and also cut a strip of fruit roll-ups for the tongue. I made extra cupcakes that looked like lily pads and with the black icing added little flies.


From http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/frog-cake.html#frog06

No comments: