Tuesday, May 3, 2011

oreo stuffer chocolate chip cookies

d.i.y. oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookie

Oreo-Stuffed-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n3Image via Picky Palate

While browsing around some of my favorite cooking blogs a couple of weeks ago, I came across the most outstanding image: an Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookie. Could it be possible? My 2 favorite cookies sandwiched together to make 1 glorious confection? It is possible indeed. I know this because I tried it myself last Sunday. (And yes, they taste just as delicious as they look.) I used Picky Palate’s simple recipe and was finished with the entire process within an hour. Note: These are serious cookies! I like to refer to them as the “1-and-done” cookies because 1 is about all you can eat at a time. If you love cookies just as much as I do, then follow along below to create your own Cookie-Monster treat.

IMG_0054

Materials:

2 sticks (1 cup) softened butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
10 oz bag chocolate chips
1 package of Oreo cookies (*I used Double Stuff Oreos. No skimping on my cookies.)

IMG_0059Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cream sugars and butter with a mixer until well mixed.

IMG_0072Step 2: Once your sugars and butter are well mixed, beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.

IMG_0077Step 3: In a separate bowl, mix your flour, salt and baking soda. Once these are well mixed, slowly add them to the wet ingredients. Mix in your chocolate chips.

IMG_0085Step 4: (Already looks delicious…) Using a cookie scoop, place one scoop of cookie dough on bottom of an Oreo. Take another scoop of cookie dough and place it on top of an Oreo. Press the cookie dough until Oreo is completely enclosed with dough.

IMG_0086Step 5: Place cookies onto a cookie a sheet. Bake cookies in the oven for 9-13 minutes. My cookies took around 12 minutes until they were a golden brown color.

IMG_0092Step 6: Almost finished! Remove them from the oven and let them cool. They are enormous cookies!

IMG_0100Step 7: Voilá! You’re finished. Enjoy them with a glass of milk!

No comments: